voyent
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/icefaces/context/DOMPartialViewContext  XML
Forum Index -> Development Build Feedback
Author Message
axlesoft


Joined: 06/Jan/2009 00:00:00
Messages: 189
Offline


I have installed the 2.0 beta 2 plugins under netbeans 6.9.1
Now my 2JEE app fails with the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/icefaces/context/DOMPartialViewContext

I have one EJB app and two webapps.

Has anyone else encountered this?


Thanks

liming.wu

Joined: 26/Oct/2004 00:00:00
Messages: 441
Offline


There is no such a package any more in beta 2. The package has been renamed as org.icefaces.impl.context.
[Email]
axlesoft


Joined: 06/Jan/2009 00:00:00
Messages: 189
Offline


So netbeans must not be clearing something up after installing the new plugins.

I'll investigate further
andyba

Joined: 27/Jul/2009 00:00:00
Messages: 4
Offline


I am also experiencing exactly this problem.
It may have something to do with the Glassfish OSGI Caching, if this is the case I will post back here with how to sort the problem out.
andyba

Joined: 27/Jul/2009 00:00:00
Messages: 4
Offline


andyba wrote:
I am also experiencing exactly this problem.
It may have something to do with the Glassfish OSGI Caching, if this is the case I will post back here with how to sort the problem out. 

I have cleared the Glassfish domain OSGI Cache but this has not solved the problem.

EDIT: Just to add some relevant information

I am using Netbeans 9 and deploying to Glassfish 3.0.1 with Mojarra 2.0.3 FCS.

My JDK/JRE is the current uptodate version.

- A new web app I built as a test does not appear to be affected by this problem.
- An existing app migrated from Beta 1 to Beta 2 is affected by this problem.
andyba

Joined: 27/Jul/2009 00:00:00
Messages: 4
Offline


In the attached file is the output from Glassfish with the set of stack traces for this problem.

In addition I tried the following

- removed library references to the IceFaces libs in the affected Project.
- deinstalled the IceFaces2 Beta 2 Plugins
- cleaned the NetBeans profile of any reference to icefaces
- checked the Glassfish instance for any references to Icefaces, as expected there were none though
- restarted NetBeans and cleaned the affected Projected
- installed the IceFaces 2 Beta 2 plugins
- rebuilt the project and redeployed it.

Running caused the same Exceptions to be thrown.

 Filename stackTrace.zip [Disk] Download
 Description Stack traces from Glassfish for java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/icefaces/context/DOMPartialViewContext
 Filesize 2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1534 time(s)

andyba

Joined: 27/Jul/2009 00:00:00
Messages: 4
Offline


OK, the problem definitely lies with NetBeans

When you try to migrate an existing Project from Beta 1 to Beta 2 NetBeans doesn't clean up the project properly.
What exactly NetBeans is not doing I have not been able to find out and this is not a problem I have experienced with other migrations only 1 particular project.

The easiest solution I found for this problem was simply to create a new Web Project which uses the Beta 2 Libraries and then simply move all existing non-configuration files (ie anything outside of WEB-INF) into this new project.

Recreating the configuration files was trivial and may not have been necessary.

After that the Project worked as expected.
thealy

Joined: 29/Sep/2010 12:59:31
Messages: 8
Offline


I'm running NB 6.9.1 with ICEFaces 2.0.0 and get the same issue. I created a new Project as suggested, and moved over src and web directories from the "old" project. Any suggestions?
futhark77

Joined: 18/Sep/2009 00:00:00
Messages: 56
Offline


That's an old topic but I just wanted to let you all know how I fixed that problem. I opened my project.properties file and removed all file references related to my old icefaces version (1.8.1).

- ${file.reference.FastInfoset.jar}:\
- ${file.reference.commons-fileupload.jar}:\
- ${file.reference.backport-util-concurrent.jar}:\
- ${file.reference.krysalis-jCharts-1.0.0-alpha-1.jar}:\
- ${file.reference.jstl.jar}:\
- ${file.reference.icefaces.jar}:\
- ${file.reference.icefaces-comps.jar}:\
- ${file.reference.icefaces-facelets.jar}:\
-file.reference.icefaces-comps.jar=../jars/ICEfaces-1.8.1-bin/icefaces/lib/icefaces-comps.jar
-file.reference.icefaces-facelets.jar=../jars/ICEfaces-1.8.1-bin/icefaces/lib/icefaces-facelets.jar
-file.reference.icefaces.jar=../jars/ICEfaces-1.8.1-bin/icefaces/lib/icefaces.jar
-file.reference.FastInfoset.jar=../jars/ICEfaces-1.8.1-bin/icefaces/lib/FastInfoset.jar
-file.reference.commons-fileupload.jar=../jars/ICEfaces-1.8.1-bin/icefaces/lib/commons-fileupload.jar
-file.reference.backport-util-concurrent.jar=../jars/ICEfaces-1.8.1-bin/icefaces/lib/backport-util-concurrent.jar

My webapp doesn't work yet but at least I got rid of this exception.
 
Forum Index -> Development Build Feedback
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.7ice © JForum Team