In the attached file is the output from Glassfish with the set of stack traces for this problem.
In addition I tried the following
- removed library references to the IceFaces libs in the affected Project.
- deinstalled the IceFaces2 Beta 2 Plugins
- cleaned the NetBeans profile of any reference to icefaces
- checked the Glassfish instance for any references to Icefaces, as expected there were none though
- restarted NetBeans and cleaned the affected Projected
- installed the IceFaces 2 Beta 2 plugins
- rebuilt the project and redeployed it.
When you try to migrate an existing Project from Beta 1 to Beta 2 NetBeans doesn't clean up the project properly.
What exactly NetBeans is not doing I have not been able to find out and this is not a problem I have experienced with other migrations only 1 particular project.
The easiest solution I found for this problem was simply to create a new Web Project which uses the Beta 2 Libraries and then simply move all existing non-configuration files (ie anything outside of WEB-INF) into this new project.
Recreating the configuration files was trivial and may not have been necessary.