ICEfaces 4.1.1 Release Notes
February 26th, 2016
About This Release
ICEfaces 4.1.1 is an official ICEfaces maintenance release.
- Support for creating ICEfaces portlets with Liferay Portal and Apache Pluto is restored in this release.
- The Emporium sample application is now supported on MyFaces JSF.
- Bug fixes
ICEfaces is available for download in the following formats:
What's New in 4.1.1?
- JIRA - ace:pushButton, restore capability to render a 'submit' type button.
- JIRA - Specifying a styleClass value in ace:pushButton makes it lose original look.
- JIRA - ace:fileEntry complete upload not clearing filename in IE browsers.
- JIRA - ace:textEntry avoid rendering the submitted value when null.
- JIRA - ace:dateTimeEntry onchange event not re-registered when component is re-initialized.
Mobile (MOBI) Components
- JIRA - mobi:dataView issues.
- JIRA - mobi:dataView rows selection does not always work.
- JIRA - mobi:dataView rendering issue on ipad.
- JIRA - NCI errors when testing Liferay 6.2 w/ LiferayFacesBridge 4.0.
- JIRA - Removed the now-redundant FileEntryUpload.setPortletRequestWrapper(Object) method.
- JIRA - ClassCastException thrown by FileEntryUpload.afterPhase(PhaseEvent) with Liferay Portal 7.0.0-B7.
- JIRA - Emporium: samples app deployment server error (MyFaces JSF).
- JIRA - Emporium: exporting auction list fails (IE8).
- JIRA - Emporium: server-side warnings.
- JIRA - Emporium: page content display on session expiry.
- JIRA - Emporium: bids can be placed for sold items.
- JIRA - Emporium: remove the "Preview" label from the Emporium page header.
- ICEfaces Showcase
- JIRA - Improved HTML5 mode recognition in IE11: Removed XML and DOCTYPE declarations in the included templates. Replaced XHTML strict document types where needed with HTML5 document type declaration.
- JIRA - showcase-portlet - ACE components not rendering.
- JIRA - Fixed documentation references in 'showcase' application.
- JIRA - Updated showcase tooltip Delegate demo to display tooltips only for even-numbered rows via delegateDisplayListener.
- JIRA - Showcase: ace:fileEntry - Upload issues with Jetty 9
- JIRA - Showcase: ace:fileEntry Listener causing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (MyFaces JSF).
- JIRA - Showcase: add ability for ace:messages & ace:growlMessages components to only render messages for components in the current view.
- ICEfaces 4 does not require specialized IDE integration bundles, but rather can be used directly with leading JSF 2.2-supporting IDEs.
- IDE tutorials are available to explain the steps required to configure your NetBeans 8.x or Eclipse 4.4 IDE projects for ICEfaces 4: IDE Tutorials for NetBeans and Eclipse
- Mojarra JSF has been updated to v2.2.13 in this release.
- MyFaces JSF has been updated to 2.2.9 in this release.
For a complete list of all changes in this release, see the related JIRA Change Log.
- Oracle Mojarra JSF 2.2.1-2.2.13 (2.2.13 included). Note that 2.2.8 is not supported in this release (see ICE-10335 for details).
- Apache MyFaces JSF 2.2.x (2.2.9 included)
- Chrome 48
- Firefox 44
- IE 8 - 11 (MOBI Components require IE10+)
- Safari 9
- Apple iOS 8.x, 9.x (Safari)
- Google Android 5.x, 6.x (Chrome)
- Apache Tomcat 7, 8
- Oracle Glassfish 4
- RedHat WildFly (JBoss) 9
- Possible to use with older none EE7 servers if JSF 2.2 libraries can be configured.
The following section describes the most commonly encountered known issues with this release:
- Client state saving mode is not supported by ICEfaces - it is required to use SERVER state saving mode.
- It is required to specify "h:head" and "h:body" tags in your ICEfaces application pages.
- The following standard "h:" components are not supported by the deltaSubmit feature (due to a problematic rendering technique that they utilize):
- The work-around is to use similar alternative components instead, such as ace:simpleSelectOneMenu, or ace:list.
- ICEpush (icepush.jar) asynchronous update support is limited to a single ICEfaces application per host-name/server.
- Viewing multiple ICEfaces applications in the same browser from the same host server concurrently will result in only one of the applications having functional push capabilities.
- Support for pushing asynchronous updates to multiple ICEfaces applications from the same server/host-name requires the use of the Enterprise Push Server (EPS), which is included in ICEfaces EE (Enterprise Edition).
- This is necessary because the browser cannot support multiple concurrent push connections, so all push traffic must be multiplexed at a single point on the server.
- This release requires JSF 2.2+. JSF 2.1 runtimes are not supported.
- Note that Mojarra JSF 2.2.8 is not supported in this release (see ICE-10335 for details). JSF 2.2.12 is the latest Mojarra release certified with ICEfaces 4.1.
- The following features rely on HTML5 support in the browser, and are not supported on IE8 or IE9:
- All MOBI components
- ace:audioPlayer and ace:videoPlayer
- ace:textEntry "secret" mode is not supported on IE8.
3rd Party Libraries
The license and version information for all required/included 3rd Party libraries for this release is available here.
Open source community support is available at http://www.icesoft.org.
The ICEfaces Community Forums are available for questions, comments, or general discussions regarding ICEfaces.
Commercial support agreements are also available.