Servlet context parameters
These parameters are to be defined in the web.xml file of the application using ICEpush.
- org.icepush.cloudPushIdTimeout - This parameter defines the interval of time (in milliseconds) of inactivity for a given Cloud Push-ID after which it is expired/discarded.
- org.icepush.contextPath - Parameter used for changing the context path used by the blocking connection. This is needed when a notifications collected from multiple application and possibly servers are dispatch though single blocking connection.
- org.icepush.disableRemoteHostLookup - Parameter used to enable/disable remote host lookup. If set to true remote address lookup is used instead of remote host lookup. The default value is false.
- org.icepush.emptyResponseRetries - . The default value is 3.
- org.icepush.groupTimeout - This parameter defines the interval of time (in milliseconds) of inactivity for all Push-IDs belonging to a given Group after which it is expired/discarded.
- org.icepush.networkErrorRetryTimeouts - (since 4.1, EE 3.3.0.GA_P04) A space separated list of integer heartbeat timeout multiplication factors. A network error is detected when the bridge does not receive a response in the amount of time resulted from multiplying the first factor in the list with the current heartbeat timeout. Once a network error is detected new connection is initiated, if again no response is received the second multiplying factor is used and so on. Once the end of the list is reached the bridge will give up trying to establish the connection, and an Network Connection Interrupted (NCI) message will be displayed (unless disabled). The default value is 1 1 1 2 2 3.
- org.icepush.heartbeatTimeout - This parameter defines the interval of time (in milliseconds) during which the blocking connection will stay blocked, assuming there is no other activity inactivity. Once unblocked the client will create a new blocking connection thus effectively creating a server side initiated heartbeat mechanism. The default value is 15 seconds.
- org.icepush.notificationQueueSize - . The default value is 1000.
- org.icepush.notificationStormLoopInterval - This parameter defines the maximum interval between two successive requests that would be considered issued during a notification tight loop (default is 700ms > EE 3.3.0.GA_P02, and 275ms as of EE 3.3.0.GA_P03/EE 4.0.0.GA).
- org.icepush.notificationStormMaximumRequests - This parameter defines the maximum number of successive tight loop requests after which the blocking connection would be terminated (defaults to 25).
- org.icepush.notificationStormBackOffInterval -This parameter defines the interval during which the client should back off during a notification storm from initiating any blocking requests. Defining this parameter changes the notification storm response behaviour since normally the connection is shutdown definitively.
- org.icepush.pushIdTimeout - This parameter defines the interval of time (in milliseconds) of inactivity for a given Push-ID after which it is expired/discarded.
- org.icepush.serverErrorRetryTimeouts - A space separated list of timeout intervals measured in milliseconds. When a server error is received the bridge will use the first interval in the list to delay the connection retry, if it receives a server error again it will use the second value and so on. Once the end of the list is reached the bridge will give up trying to establish the connection. The default value is 1000 2000 4000.
- org.icepush.useAsyncContext - Parameter used to enable/disable Servlet 3.0 ARP (Asynchronous Request Processing) depending on the presence of Servlet 3.0. The default value depends on the presence of Servlet 3.0: if present the default value is true, if not present the default value is false.
These parameters can be changed programmatically by the page that loaded the ICEpush bridge.
- ice.push.configuration.contextPath - Alternative context path for the blocking connection. This property corresponds to org.icepush.contextPath context parameter.