Joined: 26/Oct/2004 00:00:00
ICEfaces 1.8.0-DR#1 is now available for download.
ICEfaces v1.8.0-DR#1 is a development milestone build that provides an early-access preview of new features, enhancements, and fixes that will be included in the upcoming ICEfaces v1.8.0 release. This build has been lightly tested and is unsuitable for production use.
- Framework Optimization
- Significant changes to ICEfaces' internal implementation were made in this release as part of a comprehensive memory and CPU optimization effort. These changes do not affect backwards-compatibility.
- ICEfaces now supports optional compression of the server-side DOM to reduce Java heap consumption between view renders.
- Typical Java heap consumption is reduced approx. 30-50% in this release vs. 1.7.x, varying depending on the use of the new "compressDOM" feature and the nature of the application.
- Server-side rendering performance in this release has been improved approx. 10% - 25% for the same content vs. 1.7.2.
- Additional configuration parameters related to new optimization features have been introduced in this release. See the "Documentation Changes" section in the Release Notes for details.
- Sample Applications
- New "Location" portlet sample
- Demonstrates using ICEfaces Ajax-push techniques for inter-portlet communication between three different ICEfaces portlets.
- Can be found in the "../icefaces/samples/portlet/location" directory.
- Also included in the ICEfaces 1.7.2 release.
- Component Showcase
- The "Source" view feature in the facelets-enh version of the ICEfaces Component Showcase application has been enhanced to support code syntax highlighting.
- 3rd Party Frameworks
- Spring WebFlow 2.0
- An known-issue in ICEfaces 1.7.2 that prevented forced-login-redirects from working properly has been resolved in this release.
Please read the ReleaseNotes.html included in the release bundle for complete details on new features, known issues, and other notes.
If you have comments, suggestions, or problems related to using the Development Build please post them in the Development Build Feedback forum.