Joined: 26/Oct/2004 00:00:00
ICEfaces 1.7.0-DR#1 is now available for download.
ICEfaces v1.7.0-DR#1 is a development milestone build that provides an early-access preview of new features, enhancements, and fixes that will be included in the upcoming ICEfaces v1.7.0 release. This build has only been lightly tested and should be considered unsuitable for production use.
Please read the ReleaseNotes.html included in the release bundle for complete details on new features, known issues, and other notes.
- Portlet Support
- ICEfaces now supports the JSR-168 portlet APIs for PortletRequest (RenderRequest) and its affiliates (PortalContext, PortletMode, PortletSession, PortletContext, PortletPreferences and WindowState), as well as PortletConfig.
- A new "ice:portlet" component has been added. All ICEfaces portlets must be contained within an "ice:portlet" component.
- The ICEfaces Component Suite now supports the standard portlet CSS style definitions as specified by JSR-168 (when used in a portlet). ICEfaces components used in a portlet will automatically adopt the style theme of the containing portal page.
- See the Portlet Known Issues section in the Release Notes for important information on current limitations and tested portal containers.
- Performance Enhancements
- Significant client-side performance improvements have been made when handling large incremental changes to the UI, such as expanding or collapsing a tree node with a large number of child nodes, or updating a dataTable with a large number of rows and/or columns.
If you have comments, suggestions, or problems related to using the Development Build please post them exclusively in the Development Build Feedback forum.