ICEfaces 4.2.0.BETA Release Notes
December 22nd, 2016
About This Release
ICEfaces 4.2.0.BETA preview release of ICEfaces 4.2 and is not suitable for production use.
- The all-new ace:schedule component features:
- Month, Week, or Day views of scheduled events.
- Built-in functionality to add, edit and delete events.
- Event details can be displayed on a popup, on a sidebar, or on a tooltip.
- Supports lazy-loading mode, only loading the events that are visible in the current view for a given date.
- Includes time-zone support for user, so that international events can be displayed in the local user's time.
- Ajax support for nine different actions within the component, and multiple ways to configure the component for a more custom user experience.
- The new ace:colorEntry component features:
- Comprehensive color selection support based on the JQuery Color Picker widget.
- Inline, input/popup, and popup button display modes.
- ace:growlMessages can now support Native Platform Notifications on supported browsers/platforms.
- mobi:camera and mobi:microphone can now use device cameras/microphones without requiring the BridgeIt app. on supported browsers/platforms.
- 100+ Bug fixes
ICEfaces is available for download in the following formats:
What's New in 4.2.0.BETA?
- ICE-9482 - New ace:schedule component
- ICE-9993 - New "Maximize/Restore" button for ace:dialog header
- ICE-10612 - New ace:colorEntry component
- ICE-10898 - Add "Reset" capability to ACE, MOBI components
- ICE-11015 - ace:growlMessages - Add support for Native Platform Notifications
- ICE-10205 - ace:menu/menuBar - add a showDelay functionality
- ICE-10453 - ace:selectMenu - add "showListOnInput" attribute
- ICE-10468 - ace:tree - Add ability to get relavant node objects for different events
- ICE-10643 - ace:tabSet - Add keyboard navigation support
- ICE-10642 - ace:dataTable - Accesskey Support
- ICE-10735 - Add "accesskey" attribute support to all eligible ACE components.
- ICE-10809 - ace:dataTable - Add new "enhMultiple" selection mode
- ICE-10826 - ace:submitMonitor - Add support for displaying error messages asynchronously
- ICE-10854 - ace:gMapMarker - Add ability to set marker with just an address
- ICE-10878 - ace:dataTable - Add a fast forward and fast rewind buttons for pagination
- ICE-10883 - Add new "validateOn" attribute to ACE clientValidate* components
- ICE-10897 - Support for Client-side Validators with "immediate=true" during ace:ajax submits
- ICE-10899 - Add a new "reset" mode to the ace:pushButton, ace:linkButton
- ICE-10918 - ace:dateTimeEntry "Now" button should honor timeZone attribute
- ICE-10960 - Improve styleClass attribute functionality for ace:pushButton
- ICE-10977 - Allow ace:radioButton(s) to take a null value
- ICE-10987 - ace:dataExporter - add support for the encoding attribute
- ICE-11009 - Render 'style' attribute on main component elements instead of root container
- ICE-11014 - ace:textEntry, replace input element when setting it to type="password"
- ICE-11017 - Update CKEditor to version 4.5.8 to support MS Edge Browser
- ICE-11123 - Support using buttonGroup with none-nested buttons via "group" attribute
- ICE-11155 - Performance analysis of radioButton and checkboxButton in dataTable and ui:repeat
- ICE-11170 - allow format of dataLabels for pie chart (SectorSeries)
Mobile (MOBI) Components
- ICE-11176 - Support HTML5 "Navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia()" when available on mobi:camera and mobi:microphone
- ICE-11016 - Ensure mobile input components comply with ICEfaces 4 standard ajax submit
- ICE-10129 - Add the capability to dynamically change the lang attribute of an <html> tag.
- ICE-10757 - Add a sessionTimeoutRedirectURI parameter
- ICE-10850 - Global console logging - Add ability to select all logs
- ICE-10851 - Global console logging - Add ability to send the logs to a file on the system
- ICE-10884 - Add meta tag to Global logging page
- ICE-10975 - icecore:focusManager - Support setting focus to buttons and links
- ICE-10992 - Introduced context parameter for disabling request for updates on page load
- ICE-10998 - 'ice.window', 'ice.view' parameters vulnerable to JS injection attack
- ICE-11106 - Change the default protocol for loading the bridgeit.js file to 'https'
- ICE-11113 - Optimize ICEfaces memory consumption
- ICE-11116 - Reduce size of rendered markup
- PUSH-381 - Add checks for illegal arguments to the PushContext
- PUSH-386 - Improve HTML5 localStorage detection
- PUSH-387 - Avoid blocking connection switchover whenever a new window is opened
For a complete list of all changes in this release, see the related ICEpush JIRA Change Log.
- ICEfaces Showcase
- All new demos for ace:schedule, ace:colorEntry, and other enhanced components
- Bug fixes
- ICE-11157 - Emporium "click to change item image" fails to load new images
- Mojarra JSF has been updated to v2.2.14 in this release.
- MyFaces JSF has been updated to 2.2.11 in this release.
For a complete list of all changes in this release, see the related JIRA Change Log.
- Oracle Mojarra JSF 2.2.1-2.2.14 (2.2.14 included). Note that 2.2.8 is not supported in this release (see ICE-10335 for details).
- Apache MyFaces JSF 2.2.x (2.2.11 included)
- Chrome 55
- Firefox 50
- IE 8 - 11 (MOBI Components require IE10+)
- Safari 10
- Apple iOS 9.x, 10.x (Safari)
- Google Android 5.x, 6.x (Chrome)
- Apache Tomcat 7, 8
- Oracle Glassfish 4.1.1
- RedHat WildFly 10.1
- Possible to use with older none EE7 servers if JSF 2.2 libraries can be configured.
The following section describes the most commonly encountered known issues with this release:
- Client state saving mode is not supported by ICEfaces - it is required to use SERVER state saving mode.
- It is required to specify "h:head" and "h:body" tags in your ICEfaces application pages.
- The following standard "h:" components are not supported by the deltaSubmit feature (due to a problematic rendering technique that they utilize):
- The work-around is to use similar alternative components instead, such as ace:simpleSelectOneMenu, or ace:list.
- ICEpush (icepush.jar) asynchronous update support is limited to a single ICEfaces application per host-name/server.
- Viewing multiple ICEfaces applications in the same browser from the same host server concurrently will result in only one of the applications having functional push capabilities.
- Support for pushing asynchronous updates to multiple ICEfaces applications from the same server/host-name requires the use of the Enterprise Push Server (EPS), which is included in ICEfaces EE (Enterprise Edition).
- This is necessary because the browser cannot support multiple concurrent push connections, so all push traffic must be multiplexed at a single point on the server.
- This release requires JSF 2.2+. JSF 2.1 runtimes are not supported.
- Note that Mojarra JSF 2.2.8 is not supported in this release (see ICE-10335 for details). JSF 2.2.12 is the latest Mojarra release certified with ICEfaces 4.1.
- The following features rely on HTML5 support in the browser, and are not supported on IE8 or IE9:
- All MOBI components
- ace:audioPlayer and ace:videoPlayer
- ace:textEntry "secret" mode is not supported on IE8.
- ICEfaces 4 does not require specialized IDE integration bundles, but rather can be used directly with leading JSF 2.2-supporting IDEs.
- IDE tutorials are available to explain the steps required to configure your NetBeans 8.x or Eclipse 4.4 IDE projects for ICEfaces 4: IDE Tutorials for NetBeans and Eclipse
3rd Party Libraries
The license and version information for all required/included 3rd Party libraries for this release is available here.
Open source community support is available at http://www.icesoft.org.
The ICEfaces Community Forums are available for questions, comments, or general discussions regarding ICEfaces.
Commercial support agreements are also available.