ICEmobile JSF/ICEfaces Integration Architecture
ICEmobile JSF/ICEfaces support is based on JSF 2 standard and has the ICEfaces 3 framework at the core of its architecture, as illustrated in the diagram below.
Major architectural components of the JSF/ICEfaces integration include:
- JSF 2: The JSF 2 core framework provides the standards-based foundation.
- ICEfaces 3: The core ICEface 3 framework extends JSF 2 in key ways that improve developer efficiency, and extend the JSF feature set. In particular, Direct-2-DOM Rendering, and Automatic Ajax simplify application development for both mobile and desktop application variants.
- ICEpush: Ajax Push capabilities in ICEfaces 3 are based on the notification mechanism provided by the ICEpush core. ICEpush has been augmented with cloud-based notifications, where priority notifications can be delivered by alternate cloud-based mechanisms when the normal ICEpush connection to a client device is interrupted for any reason. Different cloud connectors are provided, including generic connectors like email, and device-specific connectors for each supported platform, including:
- ICEmobile Component Suite: A suite of JSF components that provides the UI controls needed to build mobile applications that deliver a native device user experience across a wide spectrum of mobile device types. The suite includes:
- Layout and Navigation Controls for page layout, navigation, and theming
- Input and selection Controls for handling user input
- Media Controls for presenting audio, video and images
- Native Controls for accessing device capabilities like camera,
camcorder, and microphone